Saturday, November 15, 2008

Battling the Bulge Once Again!

I have bitten the bullet. I knew I had a little extra weight to lose but when I finally got on the scales it was a bit more discouraging then I was contemplating. I began having nightmares of how much worse it could be if I gained the typical 5 or so pounds that Americans usually gain around the holidays. The thought of starting the new year with an additional poundage on top of the already bulging waist line did not look pretty.

Gold's Gym here I come. Something for everyone there...cardio cinema with new released movies, active classes, restful classes, dodge ball (how long has it been since dodge ball was on your mind?) and a salt water pool along with all the spa facilities. Okay things were looking up. And the price was right! If anyone wants to join me, I have free passes for a one week trial of the gym from my good friend, Antoinne. Just send me an email and I will get a pass to you.

Think I am serious? Yes I am! My next stop was to see Julia Archer at the Metabolic Research Center. A balanced diet, a counselor and accountability. With a guarantee weight loss of 3 lbs a week if I follow the plan, I could be done within two weeks of the New Year! So far so good, my motto is going to be "Nothing Tastes as good, as Skinny Feels."

No comments: