Monday, October 6, 2008

Engage, Experience and Excel

OMGosh!!!! I am still on cloud nine after an invigorating four days in Covington, Kentucky at the ABWA National Leadership Conference. I had a wonderful time. I met so many wonderful women. Wonderful programs, absolutely wonderful educational opportunities. Did I mention it was wonderful?

The Franklin Covey seminar was brilliant, as was the Saundra Pelletier presentation about having your own cavalry (women who have your back) as well as the other business, sales, motivation, networking, people skills and assessment programs. There is nothing better to have top gun fighter pilots sing to you as they present leadership tips. But the humor and shows were over the top. ...Mark Mayfield presented twice and tears rolled down my face both times. The grand finale at the banquet was performed by a very talented group known as the WaterCoolers. They danced and sang parodies and made us laugh 'til it hurt.

I laughed so hard, learned so much and met so many new friends. I only wish I could have shared it with everyone in our network group. I am going to try (with the help of my IT crew) to have a DVD made to share with my friends the highlights of this exceptional experience. Trust me, I will be a regular at the ABWA National Leadership conferences from here on out. Luckily, next year it will be in Kansas City. Just a short drive from here (okay it's all relative).

But before that, I will be throwing my next birthday party in Tucson during the District VI Conference March 21 & 22, 2009 at the Hotel Arizona and sharing that with many of my ABWA friends.

My congratulations go out to our very own Michelle Egbert the new Vice President of ABWA District VI which covers the western U.S. from Colorado west and includes Hawaii and Alaska (ok. I admit that Michelle's primary chapter is Pikes Peak but she is a secondary member to our network so we do get to share in her glory). I got to know Michelle much better and she is one savvy lady. Also congratulate Leacia Brilliant as she is one of the top ten American Business Women this year!! Ten out of 40,000 is pretty special. She represented our region well as she related tales of making a mission impossible segment, become possible. I also am very thankful to the Pikes Peak chapter President, Patrice Christian, and Diane Pfalzgraf who went out of their way to make me feel a part of their group during the conference.


Now my biggest concern is how I am going to top this experience! Maybe that will come to me once I am well rested! Ciao!

No comments: